As we approach Christmas and time spent with our families, I would like to ask for your prayers for a precious friend and her sweet family. My heart is heavy with them and tears fill my eyes as I write this post. I went to high school with Ryan Elizabeth Tully McLaughlin, and she has from the moment I met her been a shining light for our heavenly Father. Her joy and love for others spills out of her heart. He has taken her on long journey and given her many opportunities to testify of his great power, mercy, grace and love. Ryan and her husband, Michael, have two boys and two girls (both born with nonketotic hyperglycinemia or NKH). They have walked a weary road with their two girls who have been hospitalized over and over with amazing faith. Now it is time for them to take Ellie Kate, their older daughter, home in hospice care. As you can imagine, this has been difficult few weeks for them, with many heart wrenching decisions. Please lift them asking for strength, peace, and wonderful memories.
“When you pass through the waters,
I will be with you;
and when you pass through the rivers,
they will not sweep over you.
When you walk through the fire,
you will not be burned;
the flames will not set you ablaze.
For I am the Lord your God,
the Holy One of Israel, your Savior; . . .” (Isaiah 43:2-3a, NIV)
“So do not fear, for I am with you;
do not be dismayed, for I am your God.
I will strengthen you and help you;
I will uphold you with my righteous right hand.” (Isaiah 41:10, NIV)
|Ryan Elizabeth and Ellie Kate|
This is taken from a post Ryan Elizabeth did recently.
Below is Ellie's "Life List". Although she is non-verbal, we know this list contains things she loves and things we would love for her to experience. We hope to accomplish all of these things before her Ultimate Healing, and make lots of memories for the boys, in particular.
1. I want to go home and be out of this silly hospital! Mommy says this will happen today. Yippee!!
2. I want to go see the Festival of Lights with my family.
3. I want to have my 7th birthday party with my friends
4. I want to go horseback riding with my family!
5. I want to play and hop around in the snow
6. I want to meet Santa (Mommy says we get to do this tonight!!)
7. I want a concert with my favorite singers - either Carrie Underwood, Miranda Lambert or Taylor Swift (I love dancing to these girls' songs!)